Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default another board

Phil Hobbs wrote:
Joel Koltner wrote:
"Joerg" wrote in message
As soon as anybody doing an embedded system says "let's use Java",
fire them.

John
Agreed ;-)

Same goes for .NET.

You guys realize that that sort of "technology" is all over things
like Agilent and Tek scopes, network/spectrum/logic/etc. analyzers,
etc. these days, right? As soon as the marketing guys say, "This has
to have a web interface that can completely control the interface and
display its screen remotely!" while one certainly has many choices
besides Java or .Net, at that point someone who'd suggest, "Let's do
it in straight C or assembly!" is the one who ought to be fired. :-)

Nah, fire the one who suggested building scopes with BordelloVision or
whatever they call all that crap. I own one Windows scope, and I've
been wishing I didn't....nice scope otherwise.

I've used one. Once. That cured me. Those things can be awfully slow,
like Windows in general.

For really hot stuff most DSOs can't compete either, ain't nothing like
ye olde 2465. Unfortunately we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel
on EBay pretty soon.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/