Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Lathe Vacuum Setup

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:10:13 -0700, "Dick Mahany" wrote:

Mac,

I did not remove the handwheel on the Jet 1642. That cylindrical aluminum
piese IS the handwheel. It's sort of an odd design, but the VS motor
location on that model doesn't allow for a more traditional wheel.

Dick

Ahh... ok... I was wondering about that...
Looks like the aluminum mandrel for a Beall buffing wheel.. lol

My 1442 had a nice hand wheel and I improved it, IMHO, by gluing a piece of
corien on it and turning it to the diameter of the wheel..
The center of the corien is bored as a recess for the sealed bearing with a
brass fitting in it.. Poor man's rotary valve (4th or 5th attempt) and a nice,
usable hand wheel..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing