Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cordless Drill Battery vs. H.F. Brands

On 23 Oct, 08:47, (Chris Lewis) wrote:
According to DerbyDad03 :

Did you use cardboard for your deck?

One gotta wonder.

I've been useing DeWalt drills for years and have never even set a
clutch to it's minimum setting. I can't imagine what I would possible
use it for, except maybe cardboard.

I've been using my 12V DW fairly heavily for 12 years or more, and I've
yet to _use_ the clutch.

Whafor?

I have, on very, very rare occasions, used the clutch when driving
screws or bolts into something I did not want to take *any* chance on
damaging/stripping. I've used the clutch to barely snug the fasteners
and then went back and finished the job by hand. Think about those
particle board computer desks for example. I've put a few together for
friends and used the clutch to set the plastic dowels and some of the
screws. I'm all about power tools. :-)

However, even in those cases, I can't imagine using the clutch at it's
minimum setting. If Mike has been driving screws through wood at the
minimum setting on a Dewalt, there is something else wrong.

Don't need it, even for drywall (and my consistency in not breaking the
paper is no worse than "proper" dimpler bits in professional drywall guns).

I occasionally experiment with the clutch - it does work just fine and
as consistently as one should. But I always revert back.
--
Chris Lewis,