Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Timed Interference?

"William Sommerwerck" hath wroth:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .

Incidentally, video tapes are kinda like old technology. You might
want to look into recording the shows on a hard disk with a DVR,
or a DVD burner.

But that won't solve the interference problem.

Of course not. It also won't balance the budget, end hunger, or
supply the meaning of life. That's why I added it at the end and
prefixed it with "incidentally", which means it's not directly
relevant to the problem at hand. I've been slooooooly transcribbling
my VCR tapes to DVD and donating my VCR's to the thrift shops. The
local rental places hardly have any VCR tape on the shelf. While not
totally dead, VCR tapes show all the signs of impending obsolescence
and may soon take their proper place along with reel to reel, vinyl
disks, and wax cylinders.

Incidentally, I do some wi-fi interference hunting and have learned a
few things from the exercise (literally). Besides direction finding
being somewhat of an art instead of a science, knowing the
characteristics and timing of the interference will often point
directly to a culprit. That's why I asked for better time of day
information.
http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi#Interference
These are not applicable for ch 5 and ch 6 interference, but offer
some clue as to what is out there.

I kinda like the image of a high power CB transmitter. The problem is
that a 15 minute "broadcast", with no back and forth tx/rx exchange,
doesn't really sound like the typical CB user. I would expect
something like 30-60 second or less transmissions, with perhaps an
equal time to receive in between. This would go on all evening.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D