Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Timed Interference?

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

The FCC will send you a color broshure detailing several mostly
useless options. Basically, unless you can identify the source, and
they're obviously in violation of some rule or reg, you're on your
own.

Correction: Even if you can identify the source, you're on your own. My
neighbor at work uses a 6000 watt amp on his CB radio. He talks to
people halfway across the country when the atmospheric conditions are
right. Yes, it interferes with things in our shop.

I called the FCC. They said they don't have the time or manpower to
track down violators. I said, no tracking down needed. I'm next door. I
know the name, the address, the phone number. They said, well, go talk
to him yourself. We don't enforce things like that.