Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RDF RDF is offline

Default Bridgeport question

"Ignoramus705" wrote in message
On 2007-10-23, RDF wrote:
Is there anything that would create and overly tight condition where the
feed arm is really, really tight and hard to depress to get the tooling
move. I tried another machine the other day and it was like butter. Mine
requires quite a bit of effort to lower and raise the handle. I keep the
oil caps filled and run it up-and down regularly when not in use. I see
no
pitting or rust anywhere. Is there something simple I'm missing?
Any help is appreciated.

Did you maybe use the little lever to lock the quill? On the bottom
right side of the head. Sometimes it locks up because you hit it with
an elbow without noticing etc

Checked it- Nothing there but two bolts on each side of the head for it to
rotate. Nothing apparent like a lock lever on both sides. I just ran out
there again to double check... The only thing that makes any change is the
clicking when depressing the fine feed adjustment on the facing left side.

Also- check you Email I sent you something on the AWS show last night.

Rob