Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Cordless Drill Battery vs. H.F. Brands

According to DerbyDad03 :
Did you use cardboard for your deck?

One gotta wonder.

I've been useing DeWalt drills for years and have never even set a
clutch to it's minimum setting. I can't imagine what I would possible
use it for, except maybe cardboard.

I've been using my 12V DW fairly heavily for 12 years or more, and I've
yet to _use_ the clutch.

Whafor?

Don't need it, even for drywall (and my consistency in not breaking the
paper is no worse than "proper" dimpler bits in professional drywall guns).

I occasionally experiment with the clutch - it does work just fine and
as consistently as one should. But I always revert back.
--
Chris Lewis,