Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Balance woes with an old receiver

"Tuner Watson" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

OK, so given that it's a matter of which two of the three legs you are
measuring, but the "output" side of each channel of the balance control
would be near zero ohms to ground only when the control is turned over to
the other channel. If for example the wiper of the balance pot is
connected
to the input coupling cap of the next stage, you would measure near the
full
value of the pot from that point to ground when the control is centered.

The balance control consisted of two pots stacked together, which I
mentioned
in my original post. At the center position, both pots are supposed to be
wide
open.

Anyway I solved the problem weeks ago, and I appreciate the responders who
responded back then who were actually quite helpful, unlike you
johnny-come-latelies throwing in belated obfuscation due to not reading
the
first post of the thread...

I would hardly call Mark a johnny-come-lately. Anyone who reads this group
very much knows his skill and knowledge are far beyond all but a few of the
posters that you will see. He is straightforward and helpful. You have to
be reading from a very strange perspective to see obfuscation in he attempt
to help.

Leonard