Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Union Millwrights

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:28:52 -0700, Millwright Ron wrote:

What a idiot!

***** If brains were cotton. You would not have enough cotton in
your head to make a kotex for a gnats ass! *****

Union definition:
A combination so formed, especially an alliance or confederation of
people, parties, or political entities for mutual interest or benefit.

Excellence Is A Process Not A Goal To Do Better ..." Do It The WRIGHT
WAY"

"SKILLED ON PRINCIPLE ----- UNION BY CHOICE"

Do you know why they hate Unions in the South? They hated to call a
Black Man Brother... Think about it?

Ron Oliver
Millwright Superintendent
Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It...... 35 years

Army Security Agency 1967 to 1971
Two tours of duty in Vietnam
MOS 33G40
DD214
Member of D.A.V.

Every really hard worker I know who was also once in a union was
threatened with violence by their (union) coworkers for working too hard.

I suppose that's something for a union guy to be proud of, in a twisted
sort of way.

Me? Well, I like to work hard and get rewarded for it.

You are not alone, and you can be proud for making your statement.

I've told this story before.

I worked in a shop in Utah that was unionized. Utah, being a right to work
state, didn't mandate that I join them, and I didn't. I wanted no part of
them. At every turn, the union workers admonished me to "slow
down"-----not to turn out much work for fear that you might have a bad day
in which you couldn't turn out the number of widgets that the company had
become accustomed to receiving daily-------which, to me, was appalling.
Said another way, put out a poor day's work every day, that way the company
won't have any expectations from you. What kind of moron slows down a
company such that it is in jeopardy of losing money?

I was with this company only five months. The union killed the job, so the
corporation sold the entire operation to Japan. This, by the way, was back
in the mid 60's, which it now appears to have been the beginning of US
employees demanding more money for less output, a negative aspect of unions,
which has been very instrumental in the loss of millions of jobs, all
shipped across the pond because we, in our apparently insatiable stupidity,
can't seem to grasp the concept of no free lunch, or unearned pay.

While I'm now retired, I don't recall ever having the need to have a corrupt
organization represent me. The work I turned out spoke volumes about me,
and my ability. Qualified people don't need a union, their performance
speaks for them.

Harold