Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Replacing old Honeywell thermostat with Honeywell 907

"Kostas Kavoussanakis" wrote

Also, it's a moot point whether it's notifiable under the dreaded Part
P -
since central heating controls seem to come within its scope. I'm not
sure
how convincingly you could argue that it's a 'like for like' replacement.

That's important to me: who does one ask? My case would be that it's "like
for like" in the sense that the new thermostat performs the same
electrical task; it just does it in a internally different way.

According to the Pocket Guide 8 (from NICEIC July 2006), "power or control
wiring for a ***new*** central heating system" is notifiable.
This would imply that repairs/replacement of elements of an existing system
is not notifiable and therefore simply needs to meet the requirements of
BS7671.

Phil