Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk is offline

Default Hot Water Cylinder max. head

David Hansen wrote:
It will not sound funny if the water pours over someone and kills or
injure them. That may sound far fetched, but it is not as far

In the current location, a bust HWC will gradually fill up my cellar,
ruining the computer equipment in the basement at the front, and
probably leaking into the neighbours' cellars,

but I wouldn't take the risk. I would however use the opportunity to
consider installing a cylinder with a solar coil or a thermal store
with provision for solar.

My boiler is on it's last elbows anyway, and I want any replacement
to not be in the bathroom as the current one is, so I'm tempted to
go for a combi and do away with the cylinder anyway. The only
concern I have is I have got used to having 25gal of hot water on
instant tap whenever I get into the shower, and I would like at some
future point to harvest sunlight to top up the water heat.

--
JGH