Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default RCA WV98C Senior Voltohmyst VTVM

On Oct 21, 12:32 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
" wrote:

I need a probe for this meter. Does anyone have one taking up space
that they would like to part with . If not any ideas as to where I
might find one would be most sincerely appreciated. Lenny Stein,
Barlen Electronics.

Lenny, here is a link to the manual in Dejavu format.ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/rca/wv98c/

There is nothing special about the probe, other than the 1M resistor
across the AC/DC switch. Like the old Heathkit, and other VTVMs, the 1M
1% resistor is used for DC measurements to provide isolation. It was
shunted out for AC and Ohms measurements.

In a pinch, you can use a regular probe, and a phone tip jack with
the resistor to slip on the end of the probe. Some people just make two
probes, and use the one they need.

http://bama.sbc.edu/viewers.htmif you need the veiwer software.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Thanks Michael. I actually did end up making two probes with RG58
cable and spare mic connectors I had. Thanks for the links. Lenny.