Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Goodwill pre-emptive strike

In article ,
"Matt J. McCullar" wrote:

I was browsing through a Goodwill thrift store in Interstate 20 a bit east
of Abilene, TX last week and one of the first things I saw for sale there
was a portable TV set. It looked like recent manufacture, but on top of the
set, right in plain sight where no one could help seeing it, was a big
sticker telling any potential owners that analog TV broadcasting will cease
in February 2009 and that the set would no longer be able to receive TV
signals after that. My guess is that Goodwill wants to head off a stampede
of angry customers when the Big Switch occurs. Seems like all thrift shops
should do this or something similar.

Yeah. Lots of people return things to thrift stores. Are we going to do
the analog TV thing again this week? I hope not.