Posted to alt.home.repair
AussieRich AussieRich is offline

Default Home made rain water tank

On Oct 19, 11:13 pm, Caesar Romano wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:37:20 -0700, AussieRich
wrote Re Home made rain water tank:

Hi, as the metal is corrugated and there would be a top and bottom on
the tank it should not squat. I,ve seen them on thier side on the back
of flat bed trucks going up the HWY with no problems.

The tank would be 11m in circumference which is approx 3.5m across
(diameter)

Oh, I thought it was 11m diameter and 3.5m high. You are right, I
don't think it will "squat".

When you start this project, I hope you will keep us informed of your
progress with photos.

Caesar,

It will probably be quite some time before I start this project, I
tend to do a lot of dreaming/planning before I get there. I'm one of
those conservative engineering types.

There are lots of projects that will probably get in the way before I
get to this. I am not the General Manager of domestic construction at
my house. Domestic development approval is directly proportional to
domestic bliss, as funding permits.

Last weekend involved the spreading of 40m3 of mulch and this weekend
will see me laying 40ton of crushed granite on our driveway. I feel
tired already

Anyway, when I do have a crack at the tanks I will make sure I send
you guys some pictures.

Rich