Posted to alt.home.repair

Default @%!#$% creak under carpet

"Joe" wrote in message
I've recently moved into an apartment that must have the creakiest
floor in the world. The entire thing is wall to wall carpeting. I've
been using a stud finder to attempt to locate floor studs and then
driver finish nails through the carpet and then countersink them below
the carpet. It works great when I can find a stud, but finding them
is turning out to be hit and miss.

Does anyone have an error proof way of finding the floor studs that I
can try? I'm about at the end of my rope.

Different idea: Are you on the first floor? If so, do you have access to the
cellar?