Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ernie Sty Ernie Sty is offline

Default Field's metal: I have an idea

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:50:16 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:01:56 -0500, "Ernie Sty"
wrote:

Regardless, I'm going to use a Teflon-coated saucepan on the stovetop for
this project. What's the worst that could happen?

That there'll be a scratch in the Teflon and your alloy will:-
a) be contaminated.
b) run out all over the stove top through the hole it dissolved.

Worse yet:
c) wife comes home during your experiment and finds you doing
metalworking, again, with the appliances.

No, actually she doesn't seem to mind. I picked a good one that way...

Dave

P.S. A dishwasher, while a fine parts washer, is not perceived as such
by roughly half of the population. Strange but true.

LOL Point well made. :-)