Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kostas Kavoussanakis Kostas Kavoussanakis is offline

Default Replacing old Honeywell thermostat with Honeywell 907

Hi,

I would like to replace my old (80s) Honeywell room thermostat with
the 907. It's a very common model.

On the old thermostat there are 5 terminals (top to bottom): 5 2 3 4
1. Of these, 2 (Neutral), 3 (Switch Live) and 1 (Live) are connected.

I understand that the 907 only accepts two wires.

Is my installation compatible with the 907? The installation manual
suggests current needs to by 8A; how does one check that?

http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/prod...7uk07r0906.pdf

Am I right that this a DIY job? I know I need to switch the boiler off
at the mains and drop the fuse while the wife and kids are out
shopping :-)

Thanks,

Kostas