Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Cordless Drill Battery vs. H.F. Brands

Manster wrote:
I have a 12V Porter Cable cordless drill and 2 re-chargeable
batteries. I'd say the unit is approx. 6-8 years old and it has
performed well. The batteries are going kapoot but I use the tool so
seldom anymore that I don't warrant a new drill. I checked for
batteries online and the cheapest I found them were $53 + s&t,
putting them around $60.
http://www.realdealtools.com/product...roducts_id=499
I got to wondering about the quality of the Harbor Freight brands (not
Makita or DeWalt) of cordless drills, primarily due to their low
prices. I realize that for the most part one gets what they pay for,
but do these $20-$100 drills have much quality to them?
http://tinyurl.com/2n3eep

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

You can easily get the batteries rebuilt.

"Batteries Plus" is a nationwide chain that handles walk-in trade. There are
undoubtedly others.

They wanted $18 to replace the batteries in my dust-buster. I bought a Dirt
Devil at Walmart for $16.00. Sometimes it's not a bargain.