Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Overflowing Dishwasher

SMcK wrote:
A GE Convertible Dishwasher - essentially a portable that's been set
up as semi-permanent by having permanent hoses run to and from the
sink - is at least 9 years old. If water is supplied to it, the water
will fill the bottom of the tub until it overflows. This seems to
happen no matter where the timer is set. It happens whether the
washer is plugged in or not, and whether the door is latched or open.
I can succesfully pump water out by advancing the timer to the drain
cycle.

I suspect the inlet valve as described he

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appli...inletvalve.php

I've found valves for sale online that appear to be the same or
close. These run about $30. I'm tempted to order one and try it.
I'm sure the wife would prefer a new machine.

Any other theories as to what's wrong? Suggestions as to how to
proceed?

TIA,
-Scott

If this happens with it unplugged, it's 99% sure you've located the culprit.

Pop`