Posted to alt.home.repair
Clark... Clark... is offline

Default Cordless Drill Battery vs. H.F. Brands

TH wrote:
On Oct 22, 6:35 am, Manster wrote:
I have a 12V Porter Cable cordless drill and 2 re-chargeable
batteries. I'd say the unit is approx. 6-8 years old and it has
performed well.
The batteries are going kapoot but I use the tool so seldom anymore
that
I don't warrant a new drill. I checked for batteries online and the
cheapest I found them were $53 + s&t, putting them around
$60.http://www.realdealtools.com/product...roducts_id=499

I got to wondering about the quality of the Harbor Freight brands
(not
Makita or DeWalt) of cordless drills, primarily due to their low
prices. I realize that for the most part one gets what they pay
for, but do
these $20-$100 drills have much quality to
them?http://tinyurl.com/2n3eep

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Get a Ryobi from Home Depot. They're cheap and work really well. you
can buy replacement batteries 2 for ~30 bucks. I've had mine for a
couple years now, and it performs very well. You can buy a whole new
drill with 2 batteries for about the price of one replacement battery
for a Dewalt or Makita.

My father would agree with your opinion, he now has two sets of the Ryobi
tools, (he is a professional licensed contractor)
he has owned and used Porter Cable, Makita,etc
He loves the cheaper Ryobi kits and has owned them for almost two years now.

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?