Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default Painting over putty

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Use a very bright light to inspect the texture of another part of the
wall. Use a coarser sandpaper to match that texture, even if it means
carving away the putty from the problem area and starting over.

I think what I'm seeing is the difference in the surface of the paint
between the part the was done with a brush and the rest of the wall (done
with a roller). The surface difference is larger than the actual patched
whole, it appears to be the entire area that I had painted.

I think I will try using a roller with not much paint on it and go over the
area again. Perhaps that will make the surface less smooth and therefore
less shiny? From what I'm seeing, the brush leaves a smoother finish where
as the roller leaves a more textured finish.

--
Chris