Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT: Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Doug, you argue that Walton's actions make you safer,

That simply is not true. I have never argued that.

Jeez, I could have sworn you said, when I asked "How much safer are you
because he's there?", you replied "Two fewer thieves in the world because
of
him, obviously. Works for me."

Sorry, that must have been another Doug Miller.

I didn't say it made me any safer. I said there are two less thieves in
the
world.

Next time read what's there, not what you expect to see.

Darn, another assumption on my part. Since that appeared to be a direct
response to my question, I thought you were actually...responding to the
question. Apparently you were starting another conversation, eh?

Tell you what, next time you're going to do that, give some kind of warning,
like "Although the following appears to be a response to your question, it's
actually not. I'm talking about something else entirely."

That will help avoid those errors in the future.

which is nonsense, and
then you turn around and tell us what a great guy Walton is,

That isn't true either.

Jeez, after your comments about Walton's "guts," and that he's made things
safer because he killed two thieves, it appeared you think very highly of
him.

'Must have been another Doug Miller.

I never said he was a great guy. Again: read what's there, not what you
expect
to see.

He has guts and he's made things safer because he killed two thieves, you
said. I could have sworn you thought highly of those two things. So much for
that.

*Now* I'm done -- unless you make more false statements about what I've
written.

We'll catch up with that guy who's impersonating you and beat him up,
Doug.
He may be hiding in Dallas. d8-)

Read what's there, Ed, not what you expect to see.

I do, Doug. Apparently, though, there's a lot less there than appears.

--
Ed Huntress