Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RMDumse RMDumse is offline

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

On Oct 22, 10:39 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Ed Huntress" wrote:
The moral of the story is, there's no way to wiggle out of the fact that
your two dead burglars aren't going to help your crime situation. While we
were talking 3 more probably took up burglary for a career.

Still two fewer than there would have been. That's a good thing in my book.
Maybe you don't care -- you're in a safe place, so to hell with everyone else,
eh?

Ed intimates we foolishly celebrate the death of the two bad guys. I
don't think that expresses my position at all. I for one celebrate the
survival ofJames through a harrowing experience I've experienced
myself (in the general sense of fending off the bad guys). But yes, I
am also releived the two bad guys are gone. Far more importantly, that
the body of bad guys might know our little area of town is very very
bad for them.

Think of it as land miines. There are plenty to worry about, however,
I breath a bit easier, because James just removed the two closest to
me. Ed feels no safer, while I notice a great improvement. It's a
matter of empathy. Can you see yourself in the other guy's place.

However I also note Ed is trying very hard to pass on his wisdom to
me, in that he has studied the situation at great length, and come up
with his solution. From his point of view, it is, acknowlege the
facts, the area you are in is dangerous. Use your feet sue for safety,
if not for yourselves, for the sake of your loved ones. However, in my
ears, I hear, "run away, run away". However, if everyone followed this
philosophy no one would be safe anywhere. Some where in the middle
between our two extremes is wisdom. All I am certain of is neither of
us have the best solution. It's an age old question. Some choose to
stand, some choose to run. Both have extremely well considered
rationales for their actions.

Thanks for a thought provoking discussion.

Randy