Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default "Hairline" crack in toilet & tank: Problem?

On Oct 22, 4:46 am, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:40:35 -0400, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

We have an older house with a BLUE toilet and Tub. We can't get a color
matched replacment.

BUT the toilet tank has a visible hairline crack on the inside at the bolt
hole. The toilet itself has a hairline crack on the glaze at the base.

Is this an "accident waiting to happen? or what?

EMWTK

I am not understanding the location of the crack. What bolt hole?
If you mean inside the tank, you can drain the tank, make sure it's
thoroughly dry and put a thick layer of epoxy across it. If it's the
bolts that hold it to the floor, you may not have as easy of a fix,
but at the same time you wont have any chance of a flood, just some
filthy water leaking after a flush. THere are no other bolts unless
this is an odd toilet.

tank/inside/bolthole/crack...what's to get?!