Posted to alt.home.repair
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Counterytop doesn't meet tiles

On Oct 21, 10:40 am, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:
"Dee Dee" wrote in message

ups.com...

You could just fill the gap with appropriately cut wood trim, then

caulk.

I like that suggestion, as Steve also gave. The only problem I can see
with it is that (naturally) it will be at the back of the sink where
water can run back into it. A spray of vinegar or clean-up cleaners
that might be used to clean the counter top would not be that good for
wood trim. Just washing up each day would tend to wear out the wood
trim much faster (of course) than the Cambria or tile would ever wear
out; then what to do.

Your countertop installer seems to have been incompetent.
He ought to have described to you what a BACKSPLASH
is and does. This is usually made of either countertop
material or wall surfacing. When well-installed, a
backsplash is waterproof.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

He said that our walls were too irregular to use a backsplash. I
don't like the looks of a backsplash anyway. Reminds me of a
restroom.
Thanks.
Dee Dee