Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15946 Ignoramus15946 is offline

Default PICTURES from IL railroad museum

On 2007-10-22, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
Nice set of pictures.

Today was an unusually sunny day. I was very surprised by the
brightness. (I was also surprised by 80 degrees of heat at the end of
October). Anyway, the extremely bright light really helped with
picture clarity, especially when taking pictures of objects while
moving.

For example, this dilapidated shed was photographed from a moving
train (30 MPH).

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Illinois-...-0027.jpg.html

Click on the picture and view it full size. The shutted was obviously
very fast.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Ignoramus15946 wrote:
Visited it today with 3 kids. (1 mine and 2 of his friends)

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Illinois-Railroad-Museum/

I also donated a old black adjustable Vise that Mike gave me, to their
volunteer repair shop. They were very happy. Their shop was not that
well tooled. That vise was also of the same "black iron" appearance as
the rest of their stuff. See pix.

In the middle, a little close to the bottom, there are pictures of old
giant vertical lathe, giant leblond lathe, and a medium big punch
press or some such. All rusting and destined for scrap, probably.