Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default 10 HP Quincy compressor (finally found a fall project)

On Oct 18, 11:33 am, Ignoramus1624
On 2007-10-18, Christopher Tidy wrote:

On Oct 17, 2:53 pm, Ignoramus27577 ignoramus27...@NOSPAM.
27577.invalid wrote:
I finally found a "fall project". I was looking for something fun to
do in the fall, fixing some item or another. Last year I did a diesel
engine Cummins L423D.

I just won this in a liquidation auction:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Quincy-QT-10-Compressor/

I want to add a VFD to this compressor and sell it with a VFD to
someone who has single phase only.

I need to find a drive now, but I hope that I can do so for a
reasonable price.

Just out of curiousity (if you don't mind saying), what are you paying
for the compressor?

My bid was $375, but with the buyer's fee, the total was $423.

Sounds like a good deal!

Chris