Posted to alt.home.repair
Alb3rtG Alb3rtG is offline

Default exterior acrylic painting below 50 F?

On Oct 21, 8:56 am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Alb3rtG wrote:
Advice and guidance sought on exterior painting at temps below 50 F
(10 C).

I am having new pre-primed acrylic double-hung wood on wood windows
installed in Nov. As the windows are custom, heavy, and the grass can
break easily the installers insist the exterior painting occur after
installation.

I see some acrylic paints advertised on the Internet, which can be
applied on dry days with temperatures above 35 F. I am
interested in any experience or advice on use of these or other paints
for this application.

Hi,
Pre primed? I am old fadshioned, no way. And I won't paint when it is
below 15 deg. or above 30 deg. C. Are they refering to day time or night
time temp.? It's near freezing!

Hi, Thanks! I've already ordered the windows pre-primed, and there
is no turning back. Temps here vary from around 40+F night to 50+F
day, and predicting a full day of sun is rare and tricky to predict in
Nov. The info refers to temps both night and day. On dry times, I've
heard 3 days are recommended, though others have heard tell of good
results with only 8 hours dry times, as long as it does not freeze
during those 8 hrs.