Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger amd Missy Behnke Roger amd Missy Behnke is offline

Default Need to stain cherry to dark cherry

Go to a real paint store not a home center. Old Masters brand stain has 4
stains that fit your description. Old Masters is only sold at independently
owned Paint Stores.

"CraigT" wrote in message
I made some shelves to go over a window in my bedroom out of cherry. I
applied some shellac to a piece of scrap and it's obvious that I'm going to
need to stain it to get that typical dark cherry that I'm looking for. Is
there something at the home centers that'll do this or am I going to have
to order something online to get that dark cherry I'm looking for out of
this cherry?

Thanks,
~Craig