Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

In article , "Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

That's fine. Now, if he's so good to have around, why did he have to call
the police 42 times and *still* have to shoot and kill two criminals who
broke in? How much use is *that*? How much safer are you because he's
there?

Two fewer thieves in the world because of him, obviously. Works for me.

And that's all you're going to get out of it, Doug, a little thrill. Because
killing two burglars in a city that had 21,653 of them last year tells us
that all that will happen is that some gun-totin' folks who live in
fantasyland will get their rocks off when they watch the evening news.

[snip]

There's an inconvenient truth for ya', huh?

Speaking of an inconvenient truth... was that 21,653 burglars? Or 21,653
burglarIES? If, as I imagine, it's really the latter, it's highly doubtful
that the actual number of burglars in Dallas is anywhere near that high -- and
quite possibly low enough that removing just two of them could make a
noticeable difference.

--
Regards,