Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag Snag is offline

Default Mills ... another flogging

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 05:41:46 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I would be skeptical of the HP rating of a motor from China. I've
seen numerous versions, and any comparison to a motor made in the
good 'ol USofA is difficult, especially true when the US motor was
made over 10 years ago.

The horses they use are just getting smaller. Used to be one horse
was a draft horse like a Clydesdale. A craftsman or china horse is a
Shetland pony.

Karl

And approaching an undernourished sled dog.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

The horses may be smaller , but two is still twice as many as one ...
I'll be back in the town I saw the Van Norman in a couple of weeks from now
.. A little more research to find out for certain if it can be rewired to
230 will help me decide , assuming they haven't sold it yet . Old American
Iron , excessed from a Navy base at some point and in pretty good shape as
far as I could tell .
Just because I have the money in hand doesn't mean I'm gonna grab the
first machine that comes along . No matter how bad I want one . This is
something that should outlast my grandchildren with proper care and
maintainance . And one of 'em is already interested in makin' chips at 6 .
I been waiting this long , a little while longer to be sure I'm getting
the right machine can't hurt .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"