Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default 9v shown between live and neutral/earth on mulit-meter

David WE Roberts wrote:
snip
There are three sets of sockets in the extension. Two have a 13 Amp and a
round pin pair; the third also has a telephone socket.

/snip

I'm not sure, but I think the 'phone people may get antsy about that.

ISTR having an office with 3-sided poles to get wires from the false
ceiling to a usable level; the installers said that the 'phone people
didn't like their signals too close to the mains, and that was why the
three sides were phone, mains, data. OTOH, that was a long time ago,
*and* was a private exchange...

Andy