Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Never mind. I suppose you're right. If there are doubts about a
product's safety, especially for kids, we should do nothing.
Ah yes, the ultimate weapon..."Do it for the kids"...
Well, that's what competent parents do.
Competent parents didn't do it (change PT formulation), government
did.

Well, that's not at all clear to me. I could not find any actual
directive from EPA, CPSC, OSHA, ... that actually does that.

As Robert Allison noted, it appears the change was made through the
manufacturers' associations of the various producers.

I have a tendency to blame government for most all things. It comes
from experience

I'm perfectly happy to accept Mr. Allison's statement since it means
that the change still wasn't instigated by "competent parents".

Of course, it also implicates the trial lawyers and the "nanny-ness" of
the self-appointed protectors of us all in that it still doesn't appear
to be based on any actual demonstrated excessive risk...