Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default News to me! Alert!

Harry K wrote in news:1192843607.591797.182720
@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

I have carried a cell phone for years for almost solely for emergency
use. Don't even know how many years I have had it, shows only 6 hours
and a few minutes on it. Today tried to use it and it was
inoperable. A guy with me tipped me off that ALL old phones are now
inoperable as of a couple weeks ago.

Per him. CPs were all changed over to digital and the old analog ones
no longer work. I presume that info was publicised somewhere but I
sure didn't see or hear it.

Harry K

for almost solely for emergency use.

If you are in the US and it is SOLELY for emergency use, you don't even
need service. If you can power it up and hit any tower of any provider,
you can dial 911.

--
Red...

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

http://www.RedGreen.com/index.cfm?app=cart&a=menu
http://www.RedGreen.com/files/layout...rg_gal_028.jpg

http://www.pbs.org/redgreen/about.html