Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

Trevor Jones wrote:

The Yard Aircraft Tools, sells a tungsten bucking bar. Not cheap, but
smaller and denser than any steel bucking bar.

Dunno if the block size would work for you, but you might look there.

http://www.yardstore.com/index.cfm?a...ls&ItemID=1738

PN: 74102
Tungsten Bucking Bar

* 2.87 lbs.

Try one of our "Vibration-Free" Tungsten Bucking Bars!

According to a recent University study, bucking bars made with tungsten are
much safer for the operator by reducing vibration. The density of tungsten
is the future of bucking bars available at The Yard today!

At The Yard all of our Tungsten Bucking Bars are made from 90+% tungsten.
All edges are deburred and working surfaces are polished for trouble-free
use. Your hands will thank you.

Wes