Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

"John" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. ..
My neighbor has trees that hang all over my fence and more leaves
fall in my yard then in his. I have to rake them every hour if I
want them gone. Can I have a tree guy come in and cut the ones that
hang over and send him the bill? I have sent him countless letters
asking him to do something but have got no response. What are my
options in the matter does anyone know?

John

I don't know. Do you want to know what the weather is expected to be
like HERE tomorrow? It's the same about property law.

It all depends on where you live. Go down to city hall and ask. I
could tell you what we do here, and what I would do, but that might
not plug into your equation and where YOU are. It might buy you a
boatload of trouble where you are.

Steve

I thought someone might have had the same problem so I posed this
question. I see it is a bit much for some to handle.

You have a reading comprehension problem. Steve correctly explained that the
laws where we live may (and probably will be) different from the laws where
you live. Everyone here has good suggestions.

Is there a high school nearby? Call and find out if they have a program for
matching odd jobs with kids to want to earn some money. Pay a kid to rake
the leaves.