Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat tape for copper tubing

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
This year I'm using elec. heat tape on one section of my pipes (that
cannot be drained) to winterize my home before I head back south.

Other than what is on the package, are there any (other) caveats to be
aware of..?
TIA

If you can reach the tubing to put tape on it, you can drain it. Cut the
tubing at the lowest point, add a "T" and a drain valve. If you must, put
two valves (one at each end) and blow the line out with compressed air.

That is far better than trusting heat tape for months at a time or if there
is a power failure.