Posted to rec.woodworking
Cubby Cubby is offline

Default Need to stain cherry to dark cherry

"CraigT" wrote in message
I made some shelves to go over a window in my bedroom out of cherry. I
applied some shellac to a piece of scrap and it's obvious that I'm going to
need to stain it to get that typical dark cherry that I'm looking for. Is
there something at the home centers that'll do this or am I going to have
to order something online to get that dark cherry I'm looking for out of
this cherry?

Thanks,
~Craig

Most would call staining Cherry blasphemous (including myself)! Let the
sun do it's work. And if you don't have time to let them sit in the sun
for a couple of days, they will
darken naturally anyway even in the house, albeit slower than if they were
in direct sunlight.
Cheers,
cc