Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

snip-----

If it wasn't my only one, I've got a sintered 5# block from work. An
unneeded engineering sample. I'll ask and see if they have any others,
but I don't think they'll have one for a couple of weeks/months. It is
weird how dense it is.

If you think tungsten's weird to handle, try gold, or even platinum.
Both are heavier, platinum by a considerable amount. It's about 10%
heavier than gold, which is about 12% heavier than tungsten. Both are
very strange to hold, and easily slip from your grip.

Harold

A few years ago, I had to machine some spot-weld electrodes out of tungsten
for a local customer...office manager came out to the shop to get them, I
pointed to the parts on my toolbox, she picked them up and immediately
dropped them.

All 4 of them broke into at least several pieces, one SHATTERED! I still
find a shard or two on occasion.

Mike