Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Mark Anderson Mark Anderson is offline

Default Strange behavior with the toilet

In article says...
I'd think more likely it's a clogged vent stack and draining something
elsewhere in the house is "sucking" the water out of that toilet bowl.

I had this happen but the vent stack wasn't clogged, rather the vent
stack was being used as a roof drain. During heavy rains so much water
went down the vent stack through the poop pipe that it would suck the
water out of all toilets in the building. I fixed this by raising the
vent stack so that rain water would drain through it any more.