Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Toilet flushes slowly

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:20:12 -0700, jim wrote:

On Oct 20, 3:00 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:40 pm, " wrote:

if the toilet flushes solids well with a bucket.

by a gallon of muriatic acid, safety glasses and a funnel one that
will fit in the dip tube top opening.

put on safety glasses, open window, it will smell bad.

put funnel in dip tube, take deep breathe, pour a quart or so in
funnel, avoid splashing,,,,,leave room. shut door.

20 minutes later flush toilet 10 times minimum. to clean out the acid.

this will clean the bowl rim passages, the passage at the bottom, and
all the interior passages inside the toilet.

you can drain toliet bowl if you want but thats not really necessary.

the acid dissolves hard water sediment in the lines and openings.

total cost 1/2 hour and under 10 bucks

If you are going to use this suggestion, PLEASE (and I *never*
capatilize in a post) read the info at this site:

Hydrochloric Acid, 33 - 40% - Synonyms: Muriatic acid; hydrogen
chloridehttp://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/H3880.htm

You really should know what you are dealing with before you start.- Hide quoted text -

And then get ready for the china to start looking older as this will
with time take the finish off glazing The holes around the rim are not
the promblem but the siphon hole could be as was suggested try a small
wire in it also try it in the rim holes . If you see any rust around
the tunnel entrance it is a sign that the toilet needs to be replaced
as it is shaling inside and this not repairable. Shaling will cause
the hole to get smaller and the water and waste cannot get thru as
well as once did. How old if 20 yrs or more get a new one and the
promblem will be solved .

Four strikes. You're out.

" the acid dissolves hard water sediment "

Is your _Shaling_ the same as calcification or hard water sediment
deposits?

--
Oren

"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."