Posted to pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Strange behavior with the toilet

wrote:
Hello,

I have an older toilet. A few years ago, I
changed all the parts inside the tank. It
has worked fine since then. Until now.

Lately, it has an odd pattern. I flush the
toilet. The tank and bowl refill fine.
I've watched them.

Then I come back next time. And the bowl is
almost empty!

And, it only seems to happen intermittently.

It's really bizarre.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this,

You stuffed up the replacement of the parts.

and the solution?

Get someone else to do a better job, or work out what you stuffed up.

Looks like you managed to stuff up two different areas, the main stopper
clearly allows the water to leak away, and for some reason the valve that
is supposed to refill it when that happened isnt working properly either.