Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Speaking of satellite converter boxes.....

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:47:52 -0400, Terry
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:21:36 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

dish offers 2 receiver boxes which help cut the cost of extra boxes

Although one of those does require RF remote control, which interferes
with connecting it to a stand-alone DVR.

I tried one of those RF remote extenders once. It was crap.
The Radio Shack pyramid transmitter/receiver setup is the best way to
go to control a tuner box from another room.

http://www.x10.com/automation/pm5900_s.html

1. It isn't. I've had both the Radio Shack and X10 versions, they're
BOTH crap.

2. These are intended for operating IR-controlled equipment from a
distance. They will NOT work for RF-controlled equipment.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."