Posted to pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Strange behavior with the toilet

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:54:46 -0700, wrote:

Hello,

I have an older toilet. A few years ago, I
changed all the parts inside the tank. It
has worked fine since then. Until now.

Lately, it has an odd pattern. I flush the
toilet. The tank and bowl refill fine.
I've watched them.

Then I come back next time. And the bowl is
almost empty!

And, it only seems to happen intermittently.

It's really bizarre.

Does anyone have any idea what might be
causing this, and the solution?

Thanks a lot!

One reason could be high winds effecting the vent pipe
which causes waves to lower the level.

Or could be a blocked outlet that given time will lower its level
but in doing so will influence the bowl by a siphoning action.