Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
There WAS data showing increased arsenic levels in certain populations
of children.

Reference?

We're going in circles. I told you earlier that the information came from
my kid's pediatrician. I also told you that if you wanted me to, I'd call
him and see if he still had the information. Do you remember this?

Draw your own conclusions.

I took a few minutes and found these links. Off the top, you'd think that
there may be some relationship between pressure treaded wood and arsenic
levels in children.

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2004/7197/abstract.html

http://clir.buffalo.edu/nycap/htm/pdf/Arsenic_WNY.pdf

http://www.sptimes.com/News/031301/C...s_surpri.shtml

Then I found this. Did they have pressure treated wood 5000 years ago?
http://www.pathology.vcu.edu/research/paleo/case2.html

http://www.gchd.us/Services/Environm...enicLevels.asp
Arsenic is a common, naturally occurring element in the Earth's crust.
Arsenic comes in two forms: organic and inorganic. Elevated levels of
inorganic arsenic, the more harmful form to humans, have been found in the
groundwater in some wells in Genesee County. Organic arsenic is not found in
groundwater.