Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

Now, we're going to talk in circles because I'm going to ask you
again what would be required in order to show health problems as a
result of exposure.
That's what epidemiologists do for a living. They're prolific on
lead, etc., but for CCA common as hen's teeth.

--

You're insisting you're correct. I might agree with you. But first, I
need an answer to the question that frightens you, apparently.

Here's the question again:

In order to show that health problems were caused by arsenic exposure,
WHAT WOULD NEED TO HAPPEN?

I'm not insisting on anything other than pointing out that if there were
widespread health problems induced by use of CCA, there should be a
world of evidence. That evidence would be widespread reports of
problems which had as their underlying commonality some identified
connection to CCA usage. I have looked; can't find it. Can you?

I repeat--we had this same discussion only a few months ago. There
wasn't any evidence forthcoming then, and so far there's none now.

There WAS data showing increased arsenic levels in certain populations of
children.

Reference?

We're going in circles. I told you earlier that the information came from my
kid's pediatrician. I also told you that if you wanted me to, I'd call him
and see if he still had the information. Do you remember this?