Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default model engineers drive me nuts.

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 00:00:11 +0800, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

well the successful ones do anyway.
they display lovely little motors that all run sweetly.
threaded components that look as though they have been ground and
honed. cylinders that squeak up perfectly at the top of the bore.

what I intently hate is the hiding of the tooling.
I can turn steel to an absolute mirror finish for utterly useless
things like spacers. try to get even a halfway decent finish on a
model part and the same tool will produce an edison record.

Hidden behind the tooling is the scrap bin full of eau chittes.