Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Todd Rich" wrote in message
Adam Corolla wrote:

snip-----

If it wasn't my only one, I've got a sintered 5# block from work. An
unneeded engineering sample. I'll ask and see if they have any others,
but I don't think they'll have one for a couple of weeks/months. It is
weird how dense it is.

If you think tungsten's weird to handle, try gold, or even platinum. Both
are heavier, platinum by a considerable amount. It's about 10% heavier than
gold, which is about 12% heavier than tungsten. Both are very strange to
hold, and easily slip from your grip.

Harold

Admittedly, I'm pulling from wikipedia as a fast source, but it says
gold's density is 19.3, and tungsten's is 19.25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungsten

And I have a platinum wedding ring, so I do have some experience with how
it feels. Though nowhere near as much as you do with your refining
experience.