Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
eric h eric h is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

On Oct 19, 4:27 pm, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:
"Ned Simmons" wrote in message

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:37:15 -0500, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

Anyone have a solid piece of pure tungsten (98% pure or better) they might
want to sell? I'd like a piece weighing three to five pounds, but up to
fifteen pounds is OK if the price is good enough.

I may be able to get you a piece for something above scrap value.

Fair enough.

As a result of the manufacturing process, tungsten is less than 100%
dense. In general, it gets denser as it's worked; e.g., pressed -
sintered - rolled - drawn.

Ah, thank you. You guessed what I'm interested in--tungsten at its most
dense state (or practically so--upwards of 18.4g·cm?3 at least.)
So, yeah--now I understand it's going to be over scrap price because it'll
be worked (in addition to markup of course.)

If you're interested, we can arrange a private auction through eBay, I
will
pay your listing fees.

Why not just a cash sale?

Because I didn't know you could do that through eBay. If you mean a
straight cash sale direct, person-to-person, I could probably do that, but
there'd be more risk for me--what recourse would I have if I paid and never
got the item? But all this is moot if I can't meet your price. What price
range are we looking at?

Just so you know, you could pay him through Paypal and they'll protect
you if the item isn't received. Also you can pay with a credit card
and the credit card itself offers protections.