Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT GUNS

Eeyore wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

I can't recall hearing of anyone being bludgeoned to death with a
cricket bat but I dare say it must have happened sometime.

http://archive.billericayweeklynews....18/202809.html

We have a less violent society here in the UK than you do.

There's no evidence to support that claim

********.

Just watch certain US TV programmes. Let me see, CSI, CSI Miami, Law
and Order (various flavours), the Shield,

You do understand that all of those are works of fiction?

Are you seriously suggesting the US *isn't* a more violent place than the
UK ? I'd just like to get that right.

You have already had the evidence that violent crime is greater in the
UK than in the USA.

'Inspector Morse' is a work of fiction too btw, but I see rather less
violence in that than any of the US programmes I mentioned. The idea of a
full-time murder cop in the UK is ridiculous.

As is your appeal to fictional characters.

OK, I'll see your "Morse" and raise you "Monk" and "Murder She Wrote". I
don't see Tony Shalhoub or Angela Lansbury brandishing weapons around.

Did your fiction-fest have a point, other than to inject a note of
hysterical unreality?

And once again, you have deleted the majority of the points made, so
I'll take that you concede all of them.